Another name for William was William Tomlinson.
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information: 1566
Thomas Brigham married in 1548, Jennet Millington alias Tomlinson of Holme-on-Spalding-Moor, b. abt. 1526, daughter of William and Barbara Millington alias Tomlinson of Holme-on-Spalding-Moor. She died there 21 Jan 1588.
~ History of the Brigham Family, p. 20
• Background Information: 1541
William Millington was born abtou 1460. He was on the Holme Rental Roll of 1528; and he left a will dated 15 Jul 1537 and proved 3 Oct 1537 [Prerogative and Exchequer of York Wills, vol. 11, fol. 252] which named his wife Barbara and their children. It was witnessed by Robert Burgyes, priest, Thomas Sotheron, Richarde Lambert, Roberte Millington. Only his first four children were of age at the time of his death.
Children of William Millington and his wife Barbara were:
- Thomas, b. abt. 1515; m. abt. 1540 a woman named margaret. Both their wills were ated in 1570.
- John, meaned in his father's will
- Margaret, b. abt 1517
- Dorothy, b. abt. 1519
- Wilfred, b. abt 1521, m. abt 1538, John Sotherone, by whom she was mother of William Sotheron, the father of Jane Sotherone, wife of Thomas Crosby.
- William, b. abt 1523
- Jennet, b. abt 1526, m. Thomas Brigham of Holme
- Agnes, b. in 1530; m. William Gradon
"The Watcon Ancestry of Constance Brigham Crosby of Holme-upon-Spaling Moor," NEHGR, vol. 120, p. 25
William married Barbara, daughter of William Sotherone and Alice 1541.,1566