Philip de Prendergast Lord of Enniscorthy
- Born: Abt 1170, Enniscorthy, Wexford, Ireland 990
- Marriage: Maude de Quincy Heiress of Enniscorthy 193,990
- Died: 1226, Enniscorthy, Wexford, Ireland about age 56 990
Burke's Peerage & Baronetage, Page: 1181
Information about this person:
• Background Information. 990
Philip de Pendergast, received the town of Enniscorthy in exchange of other lands, 11 Henry III. He married sometime before 1190, Maud, daughter of Robert de Quincy, constable and standard-bearer of Leinster. Philip died 1226, having by his wife Gerald de Pendergast.
~ Burke's A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Colonial Gentry, Vol. II, p. 773
• From Gen-Medieval Archives: Juliane fitz Maurice, Wife of Thomas de Clare . 193
From: Douglas Richardson <royalancestryNOroSPAM@msn.com.invalid>
Subject: Re: Juliane Fitz Maurice, wife of Thomas de Clare
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 07:54:38 -0800
AHNENTAFEL OF JULIANE FITZ MAURICE (concentrating on her
1. JULIANE FITZ MAURICE, married Thomas de Clare, Knt.
2. MAURICE FITZ MAURICE, Knt., of Connaught, and, in right of his wife, of Corbyn and the cantred of Corran, co. Cork, Tobernea, co. Limerick and Killegny, co. Wexford, Justiciar of Ireland, was born about 1238, died 1286. He married (lst) Maud de Prendergast (No. 3 below); (2nd) in or before 1276, Emmeline Longespeee, daughter and co-heiress of Stephen Longespee, Justiciar of Ireland.
3. MAUD DE PRENDERGAST, born about 1242 (aged ten in March 1252). She was married (lst) to David Fitz Maurice (who d.s.p. before St. Patrick's Day, 1249); (2nd) Maurice de Rochford (who died before May, 1258); and (3rd) Maurice Fitz Maurice, Knt. (No. 2 above).
6. GERALD DE PRENDEGAST, of Beauvoir, Ballacha in Orrery, and Corbyn, co. Cork, Tobernea, co. Limerick, and Crosspatrick and Killegny, co. Wexford, was born say 1200. He married (lst) Maud, daughter of Theobald Walter by his wife, Maud le Vavasour; married (2nd) in or before 1240, _____ de Burgh (No. 7 below). He died in 1251.
7. _____ DE BURGH.
12. PHILIP DE PRENDERGAST, of Schyrmal and Kynalo, co. Wexford and, in right of his wife, of the Duffrey, co. Leinster, born say 1170. He married Maud de Quincy (No. 13 below). He was probably the builder of Enniscorthy Castle, co. Leinster. He died in 1229.
13. MAUD DE QUINCY, born late in 1172 or early 1173.
14. RICHARD DE BURGH, lord of Connaught, Ireland, Justiciar of Ireland, 1328-32, was born say 1200. He was married before 21 April 1225, to Jill de Lacy (No. 15 below). He died in Gascony shortly before 17 Feb. 1242/3.
15. JILL DE LACY, living 1243.
24. MAURICE DE PRENDERGAST (of Flemish descent), of Rhos, co. Pembroke. He landed in Ireland in 1169 but returned soon afterwards to Wales. He returned to Ireland in 1170, after Richard de Clare, Earl of Pembroke, granted him Fernegal, co. Leinster. He was living in 1173. He may be the Maurice de Prendergast who was prior of Kilmainham in 1200.
Philip married Maude de Quincy Heiress of Enniscorthy, daughter of Robert de Quincy Constable of Leinster and Basile de Clare 193.,990 (Maude de Quincy Heiress of Enniscorthy was born Late 1172 or early 1173 in Long Buckley, Northamptonshire, England.)