Bernardo Durán y Chávez
- Born: 1675, Río Abajo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 252
- Marriage: María Gertrudis Gutiérrez
- Died: 1705, Bernalillo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España at age 30 252
- Buried: 19 Nov 1705, Bernalillo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 252
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 252
Bernardo Duran y Chaves, who signed the will of Vargas with his father in 1704, remained with his wife and children at Bernalillo. He gave his age as twenty in 1695. He was shot and killed by accident by a Gallegos cousin in 1705. He left his young wife and three small children.
Bernardo had married Francisca de Mizquia at Santa Fe in 1699. They had two boys and a girl: José, 24 Apr 1700; María (Lucy) Manuela, 25 Jun 1703; and Juan 15 Feb 1705.
~The Origins of New Mexico's Family, p. 161
Bernardo married María Gertrudis Gutiérrez.