Ermengarde de Beaumont
- Marriage: William I "The Lion" King of Scotland
• Background Information. 871
William, "the lion" married on 5 Sep 1186 at Woodstock, Ermengarde, daughter of Richard, Vicomté de Bellomonte. He died at Stirling 4 Dec 1213, and was buried at Arbroath. His wife died 11 Feb 1233/4 and was buried at Balmerino. Their children were:
• Alexander, afterwards king.
• Margaret, was married at York in 1221, to Hubert de burgh, Justiciar of England and Ireland.
• Isabella, married to Roger Bigod, Earl of Norfolk, and died without children.
• Marjory, married, at Berwick, 1 Aug 1235, Gilbert, Earl of Pembroke. She died without issue, 17 Nov 1244 and was buried in London.
~The Scots Peerage, pp. 5-6
Ermengarde married William I "The Lion" King of Scotland, son of Henry mac Crínán Earl of Huntington and Ada de Warenne. (William I "The Lion" King of Scotland was born in 1142-1143 in Scotland, died on 4 Dec 1214 in Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland 871 and was buried in 1214 in Arbroath Abbey, Aberbrothock, Scotland 871.)