William de Champernoun
- Born: Abt 1203, Umberleigh, Torrington, Devonshire, England
- Marriage: Eva de Whitchurch 141,599,1216
- Died: Bef 21 Aug 1249, High Bickington, Torrington, Devon, England
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information: From GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives. 193
From: RBodine996<firstname.lastname@example.org >
Subject: THE EARLY CHAMPERNOUNS
Date: 18 Feb 1999 01:48:44 GMT
5. WILLIAM de CHAMBERNOUN. Born c1203. In 1224, when he had come of age, he disputed the gift of his great-grandmother, Hawise de Redvers, of the manor of Fleet, claiming the manor had earlier been given to his father (Charters of the Redvers Family, p. 149). In April 1229 he was involved in a dispute with the Abbot of Tewkesbury (Cal. Patent Rolls, 1225-32, p. 288 and Curia Regis Rolls, 1227-1230, p. 514).
He married Eva, daughter of Rainald de Whitchurch, of Shrivenham, Berkshire. On 21 Aug 1249, Geoffrey de Grandi Monte was granted all land in Beseby, in the soke of Wautham, and with the dower of Eva de Chambernun there if she should die in this time (Cal. Patent Rolls, 1247-58, p. 46). Children:
7. Joan de Champernon (Campo Arnulphi), m. Sir Ralph de Willington.
• Background Information. 141
Ralph de Wilington married, before 17 July 1238, Joan, daughter and heir of William de Champernon, by Eve, daughter of Rainald de Whitchurch (Albo Monasterio), of Shrivenham, Berkshire. He died between April 1255 and July 1260. Joan was living in 1284-86.
~Cokayne's Complete Peerage, 2nd Edition, Vol. XII/B, p.645
William married Eva de Whitchurch, daughter of Rainald de Whitchurch and Alice de Bolney 141,599.,1216 (Eva de Whitchurch was born about 1205 in Shrivenham, Faringdon, Berkshire, England.)