Sir Randle le Roter Knight
- Born: Thornton-le-Moors, Chesire, England
- Marriage: Katherine St. Pierre 713
- Died: 1290-1295, Thornton-le-Moors, Chesire, England 713
Another name for Randle was Sir Randle Thornton Knight.
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 713
Sir Randle le Roter, a.k.a., Sir Randle de Thornton, knight, son and heir to his father. He was living in 48 Henry III. He gave lands in Ince to the Abbey of St. Werburg. His ob. was between 14 & 24 Edward I. He was Guardian in chivalry of Robert, son and heir of Hugh de Pulford in 17 Edward I. He married Katherine, daughter of Sir Urian de St. Pierre.
Children of Sir Randle and Katherin given by Ormerod:
• Sir Peter de Thorneton, knight, married first to to Lucy daughter and coheir of Sir William de Hellesby, and married second to Philippa. He was living in 1351 and died after 1358.
• Ranulph de Thorneton, named as brother of Peter 9 &10 Edward II.
~George Ormerod's The History of County Palatine and City of Chester, Vol II, p. 17
Randle married Katherine St. Pierre, daughter of Sir Urian de St. Pierre Knight and Idonea de Malpas. (Katherine St. Pierre died after 7 Jul 1314 in Cheshire, England 713.)