Sanchia Alfonsez de Castilla y León
- Born: 21 Sep 1154, Castilla, España, Iberia 180
- Marriage: Alfonso II Raimúndez Rey de Aragón on 18 Jan 1174-1175 in Aragón, España, Iberia 160
- Died: 9 Nov 1208, Jaen Monestery, España at age 54 180
Information about this person:
• Background Information. 160
Sancha of Castile, born 1155/57, and died 1208, married 18 Jan 1174, Alfonso II, King of Aragón, born 1157 and died 1196. Sancha was the duaghter of Alfonso VII, King of Castle and Leon and his wife Richenza of Poland.
~Weis' Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition, 116:25-26
• Web Reference: Sancha of Castile Queen of Aragón.
Sancha of Castile (21 September 1154/5 - 9 November 1208) was the only surviving child of King Alfonso VII of Castile by his second queen, Richeza of Poland, who was the daughter of Vladislav II, Duke of Silesia. On January 18, 1174 she married King Alfonso II of Aragon at Zaragoza, and had at least eight children who survived into adulthood.
Sanchia married Alfonso II Raimúndez Rey de Aragón, son of Ramón IV Berengar Conde Barcelona and Petronilla Ramírez Reina de Aragón, on 18 Jan 1174-1175 in Aragón, España, Iberia.160 (Alfonso II Raimúndez Rey de Aragón was born on 25 Apr 1157 in Aragón, España, Iberia 180 and died on 25 Apr 1196 in Aragón, España, Iberia 180.)