Micaela de Velasco 404
- Born: Abt 1655
- Marriage: Miguel García de la Riva on 25 Jan 1671 in Parroquia de Santa Catalina, Ciudád de México, Nueva España 404
Herencia, January 1996, pp. 37-44
Noted events in her life were:
• Background Information. 247
Miguel García de la Riva was born around 1654 in Mexico City. He married Micaela Velasco, a native of Xochimilco, Nueva España. She was the daughter of Francisco Velasco and Polonia Díaz. Their marriage took place at the parish of Santa Catalina Mártir Church on 25 Jan 1671. According to their marriage record, they had been living in Ciudad de México for eight years, or since 1663. They remained in México City for the next twenty years, and had at least six children.
Miguel and Micaela enclisted as colonists for New México, and joined the Farfán group that arrived in Santa Fé, New México on 23 Jun 1694. Farfán referred to Miguel García de la Riva as Cabo de Escuadra or Squadron Leader, and was the special assistant to Fray Farfán. Farfán referred to him at one point as person of great caution, truthfulness and resolution.
Miguel stated he was 40 and a native of México City in 1694 while he acted as a witness at a prenuptial hearing in Santa Fé for Manuel Gonzáles Vallejo and his second wife, doña Mariana Hurtado. Around the same time Micaela became a member of the Confraternity of La Conquistadora.
The García de la Riva family resided in Santa Fé. Miguel held the military rank of captain, and was granted land by Governor Pedro Rodriguez Cabero on the other side of the Santa Fé River. In 1701, Miguel purchased the site of the old Pueblo of La Cienega for 200 pesos from José Castellanos. This was the land that originally was granted to Bernabé Jorge.
~The Spanish Recolonization of New México, pp. 194-195
Micaela married Miguel García de la Riva, son of Diego García de la Riva and María de Estrada, on 25 Jan 1671 in Parroquia de Santa Catalina, Ciudád de México, Nueva España.404 (Miguel García de la Riva was born about 1654 in Ciudád de Méjico, Nueva España 247 and died By 1716 in Ciudad de Méjico, Nueva España 252.)