- Born: Jan 1662, Ciudád de Méjico, Nueva España 247
- Baptized: 20 Jan 1662, Catadral Ciudád de Méjico, Nueva España 247
- Marriage: Ygnacio de Aragón on 9 Jun 1680 in Ciudád de Méjico, Nueva España 287
- Died: By 1708, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España at age 46 287
Noted events in her life were:
• Background Information. 252
Ygnacio de Aragón, 32 year old son of Juan de Aragón came with his family to New Mexico with Diego de Vargas in 1693. He was mediaum height, with an aquiline face, high forehead, and small, deep-set eyes. His wife was Sebastiana Ortiz, 27, aslo born in Mexico City, the daughter of Nicolás Ortiz. She had an aquiline face, large eyes and forehead, and a small sharp nose.
~ Origins of New Mexico Families: A Genealogy of the Spanish Colonial Period, pp. 127-128
• Census: List of colonists from México City, 1 Sep 1693, Ciudád de Méjico, Nueva España. 287
She is described as a native of México City, twenty-seven, aquiline face, large eyes and a broad forhead, a small pointed nose.
Royal Crown Restored, p. 283
• Family Background Information. 247
She was the second child of Nicolás Ortiz Ladrón de Guevara and his first wife Catalina de Castro.
Spanish Recolonization, p. 107
• Baptism Record. 247
Sebastiana: En viente de herero de milly y seisientos y senta y dos años Con licencia del Cura Semanero Baptissa a Sebastiana hija de Nicolas hortis y de Cathalina de Castro fueron su Padrinos Juan de Ortega y Juana Domingues.
~Spanish Recolonization, p. 107
Sebastiana married Ygnacio de Aragón, son of Juan de Balcazar Aragón and Mencia Galindo, on 9 Jun 1680 in Ciudád de Méjico, Nueva España.966 (Ygnacio de Aragón was born in 1657 in Ciudád de Méjico, Nueva España 287, baptized on 15 Aug 1657 in Ciudád de Méjico, Nueva España 287 and died in 1719 in Bernalillo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España.)