Juan Lucero de Godoy
- Born: Abt 1688, El Paso del Norte, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 287
- Marriage: Ysabel López Luján 7 May 1703 or 1713 in Santa Fé, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 248,252
- Died: 1741, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España about age 53 252
- Buried: 23 Nov 1741, La Conquistadora Chapel, Santa Fé, Nuevo Méjico 252
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 252
Juan Lucero lived in Santa Fé near the site of the old post-Reconquest Church of Saint Frances by the ancient north wall of the city. He was married to Isabel Luján. He died in 1741 and was buried in the Conquistadora Chapel on 23 Nov 1741.
~The Origins of New México's Families, p. 209
• Background Information. 287
Juan Lucero de Godoy was a member of the Don Diego de Vargas settlement of 1693. He came to New México with his parents when he was five or six years old.
~The Royal Crown Restored, pg. 39
Juan married Ysabel López Luján, daughter of Pedro Luján and Francisca Martín de Salazar, 7 May 1703 or 1713 in Santa Fé, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 248.,252 (Ysabel López Luján was born about 1688 in Nueva España,248 died on 9 Aug 1771 in Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 252 and was buried in La Castrense, Santa Fé, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Diligencia Matrimonial. 248
11 Apr 1713, Santa Fe. Juan Lucero de Gody, native of New Mexico and Presidio soldier, son of Antonio Lucero de Gody and Antonia Varela, deceased, españoles, and Isabel López Lujan, daughter of Pedro Lujan and Francisca de Salazar, españoles ~ witnesses: Don José Manuel Giltomey, notary; Felipe Pacheo, español.
~ Roots Ltd., Diligencias Matrimoniales, p. 968