- Born: Abt 1608, Thornbury, Herefordshire, England 446
- Marriage: Unknown
- Died: 20 Feb 1668(9), Barnstable, Barnstable, Massachusetts, British American Colonies about age 60 446
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 608
Deacon John Phinney was born 5 May 1665 in Barnstable, Massachusetts, died there in 27 Nov 1746, and married Sarah Lombard there, 20 May 1689. Sarah Lombard was born in Dec 1666 and died 5 May 1753. She was the daughter of Thomas Lombard and Elizabeth (Deby), and granddaughter of Bernard Lombard.
~Finney-Phinney Families in America, p. 4
• Background Information. 1358
Thomas Lomard, of Dorchester, Massachusetts, came on the Mary and John in 1630, bringing Bernard and two other children.
Bernard Lomard, went to Scituate, 1 Apr 1634, with his wife and joined the church, 19 Aor 1635. He later when to Barnstable with Lathrop.
~Our New England Ancestors, p30
• Background Information. 446
Bernard is mentioned in his father, Thomas Lombard's will, "my wife shall give. . .unto my son Barnard's wife 10s and unto my son Barnard my looms with all materials"
~Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to N.E. 1620-1633, Vols. I-III, p.1196