- Born: Abt 1750, Londonderry, Moneymore, Ireland
- Marriage: Sarah Sutter circa 1773 in York, Pennslyvania
- Died: 1 Jan 1789, Pittsylvania, Virgina about age 39
Pennsylvania Archives, 6th Series. 11-551. George Sutter, John Sutter and William Blare of the 6th Bat of York Co. Militia, signed a petition as patriotic citizens of the State of Pennsylvania.
Information about this person:
• Background Information: From the Rootsweb Blair Arcihives.
From: CAM <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [BLAIR-L] BLAIR, William
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 00:05:30 -0400
Have had several requests to supply the rest of data I have, so here it is:
The information I supplied came from "Early Families of the North Carolina
Counties of Rockingham and Stokes with Revolutionary Service" Vol.2
Compiled & published by members of James Hunter Chapter, National Society
Daughters of American Revolution of Madison, North Carolina. (Whew!)
"As a resident of York Co, PA, during the Revolutionary War, William Blair was a private in Capt Samuel Hay's Company No.1 in Col Williamm Irvine's Regiment of 6th Battalion, enlisting on 28 Feb 1776. He was captured by the British troops under Gen Frazier on 8 June 1776 at Trois Rivers, Quebec about 45 miles down the St. Laurence River from the mouth of the Sorel River. Gen Thompson and about 200 men were captured here and about 25 slain by the enemy. He was paroled 6 Aug 1776. (PA Archives 5th Series 11-206 and 6th Series 11-551 Haddenfield, N.J.)
William Blair later settled in Pittsylvania Co.,VA."
William Blair Born ca 1750 in Ireland, died ca 1790 Pittsylvania Co.,VA; md ca 1773 York Co., PA, to Sarah Sutter.
1. John Blair b 1775 md 14 Aug 1810 Sally Wade. They moved to Rockingham Co.NC
2. James Blair b 8 Mar 1776 d 28 May 1840 Pittsylvania Co.,VA; md (1)1 Apr 1796 Mary (Polley) Dickson (2) 25 Oct 1832 Anna Price. He is buried in family cemetery on State Road 703 in Pittsylvania Co. between his two wives.
3. William Blair b 1781 d 1840; md 18 May 1801 Nancy Thomas. He was an Elder in the Baptist Church of the Roanoke Association and is buried near old Kentuck Meeting House.
4. Samuel Thomas Blair b 11 Apr 1789 d 22 Mar 1870 Pittsylvania Co.,VA; md(1) 26 July 1810 Mary Reynolds (2) 24 Feb 1834 Clarissa Fuller. They lived near Rondo, VA.
5. Elizabeth Blair md 26 Dec 1804 Alexander Shaw. They went to TN.
6. Mary Blair md 17 Oct 1799 William Mack. They went to TN.
7. George Blair md 18 Apr 1796 Martha Fulton
8. Joseph Blair md 29 Nov 1813 Jane Matthews
9. Ralph Blair
William married Sarah Sutter, daughter of George Sutter and Unknown, circa 1773 in York, Pennslyvania. (Sarah Sutter was born in 1760 in Fawn Grove, York, Virginia, British American Colonies and died about 1807 in Maury, Tennessee.)