- Born: 1411, Haccombe, Devon, England
- Marriage: Sir Nicholas Carew Knight 160,1171
- Died: After 1426, Carew, Pembrokeshire, Wales
• Nicholas Carew,Baron Hydon, aged 22 years 9 Hen. VI, married Joane, daughter of Sir Hugh Courtney of Haccombe and coh. with her mother, parents of:
• Thomas Carew of Mohuns Ottery, Baron Carew, son and heir married Joane, da. & Cohair of Thomas Carninow, parents of:
• Nicholas Carew, Baron Carew, aged 22 at time of Visitation, 25 Hen. VI, died 11 Edward IV, bur. at Westminster Abbey, married Margaret, daughter of Sir John Dinham, and sister and coheir of John Lord Dinham were the parents of:
• Sir Edmund Carew of Ottery Mohun, son and heir, aged 6 in 11 Edward IV, Knighted on Bonworth field and killled at Thorounne, 5 Henry VIII, married to Catherine, daughter and coheir of Sir William Huddersfield, Knight, Attorney General to Hen. VII. Will proved at Lambeth, 6 Jul 1499.
~The Visitations of Cornwall: Comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1530, 1573 & 1620, pp. 67, 70 1171
Noted events in her life were:
• Background Information. 160
Sir Hugh de Courtenay, son of Sir Edward de Courtenay and Emeline Dawney, died 15 Mar 1425, Knight of the Shire of Devon, 1395, married as his second wife, Philippa l'Arcedekne, daughter and coheir of Sir Warin l'Arcedekne, born, about 1345, died 1400, Lord Arcedekne, by Elizabeth Talbot, died 1407, daughter and coheir of Sir John Talbot of Richard's Castle. Hugh and Philippa were the parents of Joan Courtenay who married Sir Nicholas Carew, Baron Carew, as her first husband, and Sir Robert de Vere as her second husband.
~Weis's Ancestral Roots, 6:28-33
Joan married Sir Nicholas Carew Knight, son of Sir Thomas Carew Knight and Elizabeth Bonville 160.,545 (Sir Nicholas Carew Knight was born in 1394 in Moulsford, Berkshire, England and died in Apr 1448 in Carew, Pembrokeshire, Wales.)