Sir Richard IV Champernoun Modbury
- Born: Abt 1390, Modbury, Kingsbridge, Devon, England
- Marriage: Isabel Bonville 193,821
- Died: 20 Jan 1419/20, Modbury, Kingsbridge, Devon, England about age 29
Information about this person:
• Background Information: From GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives. 193
From: RBodine996 (rbodine996 AT aol.com)
Subject: CHAMPERNOUN OF MODBURY, DEVONSHIRE - PART 2 of 2
12. RICHARD CHAMPERNOUN. He died 20 Jan 1419/20 seized of the manor, borough and advowson of Dodbrook, the manor and borough of Modbury and advowson of the priory there, the manor and advowson of Bridford, the manor of Bokeland Dynham, and other lands, including 40 acres in Woodleigh (IPM, 7 Hen. V, no. 51). Pole (Devon, p. 301) calls him the eldest son of Richard by his 2nd wife, Katherine Dawbeney, from whom he received Woodleigh.
He married Isabel Bonville, sister of Sir William Bonville, 1st Baron Bonville of Chewton (1391-1461). (Paget's Baronage, no. 80). Assignment of dower ordered, 17 Mar 1420 (Cal. Close Rolls, 1419-22: 36), she was living 5 Feb 1421.
17. Hugh Champernoun, m. Alice Bois.
• Background Information. 821
From Richardson's Magna Carta Ancestry, pp. 273-274:
Isabel Bonville, married Richard Champernoun, Knight, of Modbury, Dodbrook, Bridford and Buckland Dinham, Devon, so of Sir Richard Champernoun, Knight, of Modbury, Devon, by 2nd wife Katherine, daughter of Sir Giles Daubeney, Knight. Sir Richarch Champernoun died 20 Jan 1419/20. His widow Isabel was living 5 Feb 1421.
Richard married Isabel Bonville, daughter of Sir John Bonville Knight and Elizabeth Fitz Roger.821 (Isabel Bonville died after 5 Feb 1421 821.)