- Born: Abt 1475, Holme-on-Spalding-Moor, East Riding, Yorkshire, England 1566
- Marriage (1): Gillian 1056
- Died: 1586, Holme-on-Spalding-Moor, East Riding, Yorkshire, England about age 111 1566
- Buried: 8 Nov 1586, Holme-on-Spalding-Moor, East Riding, Yorkshire, England 1566
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information: 1566
Thomas Brigham was born about 1549, is mentioned in his father's will of 25 Oct 1558, and was given a bequest in his cousin, Peter Tomlinson's will of 21 Dec 1584. [Prerogative and Exchequer of York Wills, vol. 15 part 3, fol. 347 & vol.22, fol. 677] Thomas was a cloth-worker as in his burial record of 8 Nov 1586, he is called a "webster." On 3 May 1586, administration of his estate was given to his widow Gillan. [Adm. Act Books, P. & E, Court of York, Harthill Deanery].
Thomas Brigham married in abt 1571, Gillian, who survived him. Their children were:
- Elizabeth, b. abt. 1571, m. 20 Sep 1590, Edward Palmer. They had atleast five children.
- John, b. 1573
- Thomas, bap. 21 May 1575
- William, bap. 17 Jun 1578; bur. 17 Aug 1578
- Richard, bap 16 Aug 1579, was the chief legatee of the will of his great-uncle, Henry Brigham of Seasted. Richard d. abt 1627. He d. abt 1626, his will being proved by his widow, Anne, on 4 May 1627 [Prerogative and Exchequer of York Wills, vol. 39 fol. 170].
- Robert, bap 20 May 1582, bur. 8 Sep 1640 both in Holme-on-Spalding-Moor. Robert m. at St. Mararet's, York, in Feb 168, Dorothy Mawburne, widow of Robert Mawburne. Their children were Prudence, Barnard and Anne.
~ History of the Brigham Family, pp. 21-23
Thomas married Gillian.1566