- Born: 1584, Sowerby, Halifax, Yorkshire, England 359
- Marriage: Mary Haughton on 21 Apr 1609 in Heptonstall, Halifax, Yorkshire, England 359
- Died: 31 Mar 1639, Sowerby, Halifax, Yorkshire, England at age 55 359
Information about this person:
• Background Information. 1143
Jacob Farrer, the younges son of William Farrer, was of Sowerby, Halifax, York, England. He died between 31 Mar 1639, the date of his will and 2 May 1639, the date his will was proved. Jacob married, at Heptonstall, Halifax, 21 Apr 1609, Mary Haughton, who was living 31 Mar 1630.
Children of Jacob Farrer and Mary Haughton were:
• John, "elder son," of Dedham, Lancaster, England and Woburn Massachusetts, baptized at Heptonstall, 28 Jul 1611; died at Wobrun 11 Jul 1690; married Joanna, who was living 29 Jun 1687, the of her husband's will. About 1652, John and his brother Jacob, emigrated from England to New england and settled at Deham, but soon moved to Lancaster. In 1656, John went to Woburn, where he lived until his death.
• Jacob, "youngest son," baptized at Heptonstall, 21 Aug 1614.
~ "The English Ancestry of Jacob Farrer," NEHGR, Vol. XCV, pp. 9-10
Jacob married Mary Haughton, daughter of Henry Haughton and Unknown, on 21 Apr 1609 in Heptonstall, Halifax, Yorkshire, England.359 (Mary Haughton was born in 1588 in Halifax, Yorkshire, England 359 and died after 31 Mar 1639 in Halifax, Yorkshire, England 1143.)